If you wish to market to professionals, there’s no higher place than LinkedIn. The platform customers to attach with like-minded enterprise people, apply and recruit for jobs, and observe the newest information from organizations and influential folks from throughout the globe.
Once you perceive how LinkedIn members and types use the channel, you’ll acquire invaluable insights into how one can incorporate LinkedIn into your social media technique.
Listed below are essentially the most up-to-date LinkedIn statistics to pay attention to in 2022 that can assist you craft thrilling campaigns.
Bonus: Obtain a free information that exhibits the 11 techniques Hootsuite’s social media workforce used to develop their LinkedIn viewers from 0 to 278,000 followers.
Common LinkedIn statistics
1. LinkedIn turns 19 years outdated in 2022
The community formally launched on Might fifth, 2003, simply 9 months earlier than Fb launched at Harvard. LinkedIn is the oldest of the main social networks nonetheless in use in the present day.
2. LinkedIn has 35 places of work and 18,000 staff
These places of work are situated in additional than 30 cities worldwide, together with 10 in america.
3. LinkedIn is obtainable in 25 languages
This permits many international customers to entry the community of their native language.
4. Over 12 million LinkedIn members are signalling their availability to work
Making use of LinkedIn’s #OpenToWork picture body, over 12 million customers are actively indicating their eligibility to potential hirers.
LinkedIn person stats
5. LinkedIn has 810 million members
To place that quantity in context, Instagram at present has over 1.2 billion customers, and Fb has nearly 3 billion. So LinkedIn is probably not the biggest of the social networks, however with a selected enterprise focus, it’s an viewers value taking note of.
6. 57% of LinkedIn customers determine as males, with 43% figuring out as ladies
Males considerably outnumber ladies on LinkedIn general, however you’ll must perform a little research to know the make-up of your particular LinkedIn viewers. Observe that LinkedIn doesn’t report any genders aside from male or feminine.
7. Over 77% of LinkedIn customers are from exterior the US
Whereas the US is LinkedIn’s greatest market with over 185 million customers, the community has gained traction all over the world.
8. LinkedIn has members in 200 international locations and areas worldwide
LinkedIn’s customers reside in additional than 200 hundred international locations and areas all over the world. This contains over 211 million in Europe, the Center East, and Africa, 224 million within the Asia Pacific, and 124 million in Latin America.
9. Virtually 60% of LinkedIn’s customers are between 25 and 34 years outdated
It’s not a shock that greater than half of LinkedIn customers are within the age group that’s beginning and rising their careers. It’s knowledgeable community, in any case.
Supply: Hootsuite Digital Developments Report 2022
10. With 23.38 million followers, Google is essentially the most adopted group on LinkedIn
Beating out Amazon, TED Conferences, and LinkedIn themselves, tech big Google ranks as essentially the most adopted firm account on the platform.
11. Adopted by over 35 million customers, Invoice Gates is essentially the most adopted particular person on LinkedIn
The Microsoft founder is out on his personal as essentially the most adopted private account on the platform, with nearly double the quantity of followers as Richard Branson behind him in second place. Humorous that Microsoft owns LinkedIn, however we’re simply speculating right here!
12. #India is essentially the most adopted hashtag on LinkedIn, with 67.6 million followers
The opposite hottest hashtags embrace #Innovation (38.8 million), #Administration (36 million), and #HumanResources (33.2 million). The dominance of the #India hashtag suggests to entrepreneurs that the nation is to not be missed as a part of your international marketing campaign technique.
Supply: Hootsuite Digital Developments Report 2022
LinkedIn utilization stats
13. 49 million folks use LinkedIn to seek for jobs every week
If your organization is hiring, your LinkedIn Web page generally is a key supply of potential new staff.
When hiring managers can’t display screen potential new hires in particular person, instruments like LinkedIn are much more vital. And 81% of expertise professionals say that digital recruiting will proceed lengthy after the pandemic.
14. 6 persons are employed via LinkedIn each minute
If that final LinkedIn stat didn’t persuade you it’s value having a strong presence on this community, this one ought to. Any firm planning to rent new staff in 2022 wants a sophisticated LinkedIn Web page to assist entice top-tier expertise and leverage the channel to recruit candidates.
15. There are 77 job functions submitted each second on LinkedIn
To place this already exceptional determine in perspective, that’s 4,620 functions despatched each minute, 277,200 despatched each hour, and an unimaginable 6.65 million job functions despatched daily.
Of their 185 million members, LinkedIn’s each day lively customers (DAU) account for 16.2% of them, figuring out at round 29.97 million customers that log in to the platform each day.
17. 48.5% of customers within the US use LinkedIn not less than as soon as a month
At roughly 89.73 million month-to-month lively customers (MAU), this represents a possibility for entrepreneurs to entry an intensive pool of decision-makers throughout the nation.
18. LinkedIn noticed 15.4 billion classes in Q2 FY22
LinkedIn has transitioned from being “simply” a recruitment platform to knowledgeable community the place folks educate themselves and study different firms and alternatives of their trade.
19. 30% of an organization’s engagement on LinkedIn comes from staff
This makes quite a lot of sense: your organization’s staff are the individuals who care most about seeing your model succeed.
Boosting model popularity by way of worker advocacy is a successful technique for firms that develop a complete program.
20. Staff are 14x extra more likely to share content material from their employers than different kinds of content material on LinkedIn
This reinforces the LinkedIn stat above. Your staff are an vital a part of your LinkedIn advertising and marketing technique.
If you happen to’re undecided the place to get began on worker advocacy, try Hootsuite Amplify.
21. LinkedIn posts with photographs get 2x larger engagement
Bigger photographs do even higher, with 38% larger click-through charges than different photographs. LinkedIn recommends 1200 x 627 pixels.
Undecided what sorts of photographs to publish together with your LinkedIn updates? Take a look at these free inventory picture websites.
LinkedIn promoting statistics
22. An advert on LinkedIn can attain 14.6% of the world’s inhabitants
That’s, 14.6% of individuals over the age of eighteen. Whereas this isn’t the very best attain amongst social networks, LinkedIn has the benefit of a self-selected person base that cares about their work.
23. LinkedIn’s advert attain grew by 22 million folks in This autumn 2022
That’s a 2.8% enhance from Q3.
Supply: Hootsuite Digital Developments Report 2022
24. Manufacturers have seen a 33% enhance in buy intent ensuing from advert publicity on LinkedIn
Entrepreneurs can profit from LinkedIn’s means to attach with members early within the advertising and marketing funnel via customers participating with model posts and sharing them on their feed.
25. Entrepreneurs see as much as 2x larger conversion charges on LinkedIn
LinkedIn’s vary of instruments for viewers focusing on means web site visits originating from the platform usually tend to enhance conversions on B2B websites.
LinkedIn enterprise statistics
26. 4 out of 5 folks on LinkedIn “drive enterprise selections”
The platform’s chief promoting level for entrepreneurs is its means to focus on an viewers by their job, not simply their demographics.
This permits B2B entrepreneurs particularly to succeed in the individuals who make the shopping for selections.
27. There are 58 million firms on LinkedIn
It’s no marvel, as this highly effective community permits manufacturers to succeed in each customers and B2B prospects, in addition to new hires.
28. LinkedIn noticed a 37% year-over-year development in income in Q2 FY22.
With the platform’s recognition ever-increasing, its paid companies have adopted go well with. As well as, customers can choose from a number of premium membership plans to entry improved metrics to spice up their engagement.
29. LinkedIn noticed a 43% year-over-year enhance in Advertising and marketing Options income in Q2 FY22
As entrepreneurs have gravitated towards LinkedIn’s options to gas their very own development, they’ve additionally fuelled LinkedIn’s. Surpassing 1 billion USD for the primary time in Q3 FY21, the platform’s development in income is not any shock given its development in person base.
30. 40% of B2B entrepreneurs surveyed indicated LinkedIn because the only channel for driving high-quality leads.
LinkedIn customers can use skilled demographic knowledge to focus on the appropriate folks based mostly on their job title, firm, trade, and seniority.
31. 93% of B2B content material entrepreneurs use LinkedIn for natural social advertising and marketing
These stats make LinkedIn the highest community for B2B content material entrepreneurs, adopted by Fb and Twitter (80% and 71%, respectively). This isn’t stunning, on condition that LinkedIn affords a context during which folks count on and hunt down business-related content material.
32. 77% of content material entrepreneurs say LinkedIn produces the most effective natural outcomes
In addition to boasting essentially the most used platform for natural entrepreneurs, LinkedIn ranks as the most effective community for producing natural outcomes.
A way behind LinkedIn, Fb is available in at second with 37%, adopted by Instagram with 27% and YouTube with 21%.
33. 75% of B2B content material entrepreneurs use LinkedIn adverts
It’s not a shock that the highest natural social community for B2B entrepreneurs can also be the highest paid social community. Fb is available in subsequent at 69%, adopted by Twitter at 30%.
If you happen to’re new to utilizing paid options on LinkedIn, we’ve acquired a complete information to LinkedIn adverts to get you began.
34. 79% of content material entrepreneurs say LinkedIn adverts produce the most effective outcomes
Not content material with being the strongest social networking platform for natural outcomes, LinkedIn Advertisements ranks as the most effective for paid outcomes.
Behind LinkedIn got here Fb (54%), YouTube (36%), and Instagram (33%).
35. Manufacturers get 7x extra reactions and 24x extra feedback on LinkedIn Reside streams than common video
We already noticed that LinkedIn video posts get extra engagement than common posts. However Reside video takes issues up an extra notch, with impressively excessive engagement ranges, particularly for feedback.
That prime remark charge exhibits persons are engaged through the reside video stream and ready to work together with the members.
36. Firms that publish weekly on LinkedIn see a 2x larger engagement charge
Don’t suppose you possibly can simply let your LinkedIn Firm Web page sit there idle. It’s essential often share updates to take care of a excessive engagement charge on LinkedIn. The excellent news is you solely must publish as soon as per week to attain that larger engagement degree.
Our analysis exhibits that the finest day to publish on LinkedIn is Wednesday for B2B manufacturers or Monday and Wednesday for B2C manufacturers.
37. Firms with an entire, lively LinkedIn Web page see 5x extra web page views
Additionally they get 7x extra impressions per follower and 11x extra clicks per follower. Just like the LinkedIn firm web page statistic above, this exhibits the worth of protecting your LinkedIn web page up-to-date and lively.
If you happen to need assistance guaranteeing your model is making essentially the most out of its LinkedIn presence, check out our information to optimizing your LinkedIn firm web page.
Simply handle your LinkedIn Web page alongside your different social channels utilizing Hootsuite. From a single platform you possibly can schedule and share content material—together with video—interact your community, and increase top-performing content material. Begin your 30-day trial in the present day.
Do it higher with Hootsuite, the all-in-one social media toolkit. Keep up to the mark, develop, and beat the competitors.