Spotify has launched a software program replace for its Automotive Factor companion machine that offers it a number of new options together with the flexibility to see and reply your incoming calls, add new objects to your play queue, and management non-Spotify media. A number of the new options are solely accessible on iOS units, however Spotify says it’s working to convey them to Android telephones too.
Automotive Factor is a $90 machine that mixes a 4-inch touchscreen with a big navigation wheel, shortcut buttons, and voice recognition and connects to your telephone by way of Bluetooth. It’s designed to offer you a neater method to navigate and play Spotify’s content material whereas driving and is very useful for individuals who don’t have Apple’s CarPlay or Google’s Android Auto constructed into their automobile’s infotainment system. You want a Spotify Premium account to make use of Automotive Factor and the machine is at present solely accessible within the U.S.
With these new options, it’s clear that Spotify sees a chance for Automotive Factor to tackle an growing variety of duties that transcend Spotify’s service. The brand new calling characteristic is an efficient instance: On an iPhone, now you can see, reply, and dismiss your incoming calls. It’s not a leap to think about that quickly you’ll have the ability to place outgoing calls by way of Automotive Factor too, probably utilizing your voice to take action.
Listed below are the opposite options that launched on April 7:
- Management different media: iPhone customers can now play and management different media on Automotive Factor. While you need to return to Spotify, you are able to do so by way of the presets buttons, your voice, or by tapping the display screen. Spotify hasn’t indicated which “different media” will be managed, or whether or not this consists of different streaming music companies like Apple Music, Amazon Music, or Tidal.
- Add to queue: Now you can queue further songs and podcasts. There are 4 methods to work with queues:
- With contact: Faucet the Add to queue icon subsequent to a observe in your tracklist.
- With the dial: When you’ve gotten a observe highlighted, press and maintain holding the dial – one press will play, whereas urgent and holding will add to the queue.
- Request music with Voice: E.g.: Say, “Hey Spotify, queue Drivers License”
- View your queue: Say, “Hey Spotify, open my queue” or press and maintain holding the dial when in Now Enjoying view.
- Use voice to get a customized playlist to your temper: Ask for any style, temper, or exercise that describes the form of music you need to hear. E.g.: Say, “Hey Spotify, play cozy Sunday R&B,” and Spotify will create a customized playlist out of your request. “Hey Spotify” instructions solely work in locations the place the “Hey Spotify” service is out there.